Wednesday, April 27, 2016







SEEDS HAVE GROWN….                        4/25/16
Hi all,
It was an amazing week! We finally taught the knight family!!  They are
the people that we accidentally drove into their driveway 2 weeks ago!
We have had the hardest time scheduling with them but we finally had an
amazing lesson with them on Tuesday!!! They are so prepared to hear
the gospel. I know they moved from Alabama to this tiny town in Utah
because Heavenly Father had a message for them. And, they recognize
that. It was very powerful lesson and we were all crying. They are preparing
for baptism on June 4th!  They are one special family. 
 I wish I had time to write about every single person we are teaching because
they are all having spiritual experiences. Fir example, we taught a less active
man and he broke down in tears because his testimony of prayer was so
strong. Dang the gospel is so true!

We got to a lot of service this week. We helped at the bishops
storehouse and that's always fun. We also helped one of our Ward
mission leaders gather tons of wood on his farm so he could burn it!  And
hopefully next week we get to help him brand his cows!!!! I'm so
excited!

This week we had Zone conference in Richfield.  It's always good
to be back in Richfield!!  It was a really good zone conference. I had
to teach a couple of trainings, but my favorite one was for dress and
grooming. We were asked to do training on appropriate dress for
missionaries, so I got to dress up like a sloppy missionary so that was
fun!  Sadly I do not have a picture haha.  It was a really great
meeting. President and Sister Center are sad to go home soon.
After zone conference something amazing happened!!  So over a year ago,
when I was serving in Richfield, Sam got baptized. She was an older
lady whose husband had passed away but she so badly wanted to be
sealed to him in the temple. Then about 2 months after she was
baptized, she passed away.  Most of her family are not members or
are less active.  Recently I've been worrying and praying about who
will do the temple work for her because none of her family would be
working on it,  I had no way to get in contact with the family!!!
So this is the cool part... After zone conference we went to Wal-Mart
in Richfield (cause Beaver doesn't have one) and we were walking down
an isle and this lady walks by me and turns around and yells " hey you
were the one that taught my mom!" It was Sam's daughter!!  I made sure
I got her Information this time haha.  And I asked if they were
planning on doing the temple work for her and she said she hadn't even thought
about it. She is not very active but said she would talk to the bishop
about it and she asked if I could help with the temple work. Wow it
was a HUGE miracle to see her daughter!! I know that we were supposed
to run into each other that day. Sam must really want to get her work
done!

And, another amazing thing that happened... This man I taught in Kanab
was baptized!!! His name was Reed and he was super stubborn haha. He
has gone through tons of missionaries. Before I left Kanab, he set a
date for baptism. And he finally got baptized on Saturday! He is a
great guy that was so prepared for the gospel and we had some really
great experiences with him. It is awesome to see that amazing things
happen even after you leave an area!  I have learned that some people
just need time.  I always think of Alma 32. The seed must be
nourished for it to grow but it must be with patience and diligence
.


Alma 32:41-43
41 But if ye will nourish the word, yea, nourish the tree as it
beginneth to grow, by your faith with great diligence, and with
patience, looking forward to the fruit thereof, it shall take root;
and behold it shall be a tree springing up unto everlasting life.

42 And because of your diligence and your faith and your patience with
the word in nourishing it, that it may take root in you, behold, by
and by ye shall pluck the fruit thereof, which is most precious, which
is sweet above all that is sweet, and which is white above all that is
white, yea, and pure above all that is pure; and ye shall feast upon
this fruit even until ye are filled, that ye hunger not, neither shall
ye thirst.

43 Then, my brethren, ye shall reap the rewards of your faith, and
your diligence, and patience, and long-suffering, waiting for the tree
to bring forth fruit unto you.


I LOVE MY JOB

Sister Titensor

No comments:

Post a Comment