Monday, May 4, 2015


CUTEST LITTLE TOWN AND A NEW COMPANION!!

Image result for KANAB UTAH PICTURES


 Well , I said all my goodbyes to the great people of Richfield! (That was sad)
 It took about all day driving, but I finally arrived in Kanab!   It’s seriously in the middle of nowhere!  There is not even a Wal-Mart…just a little store.  But, we are surrounded by 3 national parks... and it’s BEAUTIFUL!  So we will have some great P-days coming up!  Kanab is basically a little tourist town. A bunch a tour busses come here and everyone is getting ready for the busy summer season. We cover the entire Kanab Stake- which includes Half of Kanab, then we have two small towns about 30 minutes away (Glendale and Orderville) Then we have another small town (Alton) which is an hour away. So we do a ton of driving.  We also have to drive an hour and a half once a week to Hurricane for district meeting.  We will get to see a lot of Utah and Arizona! Oh and the Best Friends Animal Sanctuary is here, and the Western Movie Museum so that brings in a lot of people to town..yay!
My new companion is Sister Glaus from Tampa. She is waiting for her visa because she was actually called to Brazil! It’s funny cause this is her 2nd transfer and this is only my 3rd so we are both basically new!  But its way fun...it keeps things interesting!  We laugh a lot! 
The other day we had no appointments (because we don’t know anybody yet) and it was in the heat, in the middle of the day and we knew there were probably not many people home...but we tried knocking on random doors. It’s amazing peoples different points of views. One man we met was just plain crazy. But a few doors down, we met a really humble man who was from out of town. For the first time in a while, we talked to someone who knew nothing about our church!! It was the best! He actually listened to us! He just stood at his door as we testified of Christ. It was awesome. Unfortunately he is only visiting here, but we left him with a Book of Mormon and a way to contact the missionaries where he lives!  All I know is that we planted the seed and we may never know how it turns out. But I know there is power in sharing testimonies!!!
Kanab had stake conference here Sunday and it was awesome. Our Mission President was there, the ST George Temple President was there and The President of BYU was there (Kevin Worthen I think?)      It was a great meeting centered on Christ.
     
Well Kanab is the cutest little town and I know there is a great work to do here. The Lord wants me here for a reason; I’m excited to find those people who want the gospel in their lives. It’s amazing how much the members make a difference. They can be really helpful! We NEED them. I’m looking forward to being here in Kanab, and I have a feeling I will be serving here for a while. Ha!  I LOVE MY JOB!

Thanks for everything! Love ya’ll!


Sister Titensor

HERE ARE SOME PICTURES FROM RICHFIELD BEFORE I LEFT








No comments:

Post a Comment