Monday, February 29, 2016



WELCOME TO BEAVER UTAH!






Well,  I have arrived in Beaver!  It was really sad to leave my last area
and say goodbye to people. It broke my heart! But my last p-day there
I got to spend it with Nikki and her family hiking around Dixie rock.
Ah I'm going to miss them!  And I also was able to to say goodbye to Kelly…he
is amazing and I'm super sad to be missing his baptism next week. But
I'm super excited for him!!! I also got to say goodbye to some other
great people that we taught and some great members that I truly came
to love!
 Tuesday morning I hopped on the transfer van and drove up
to Beaver! Beaver is a cute little town kind of in the middle of
nowhere...we are an hour from the closest Walmart!! But, it's the
best...I love it already!  We live in this little house and we have it
all to ourselves ...so that's new!  There are lots of less active people
here in Beaver so that's where most of our work is.  We are
working with some awesome people!.   We met this one family while
walking...turns out that they are a part member family of 8. So we
talked to them and invited them to church and they actually came!!! It was
crazy!! We are also teaching this other part member family, the boys
just got baptized but the father didn't.  And we had a powerful lesson
with them last night and the dad is slowly but surely wanting to learn more!

For preparation-day today we went to this abandoned mining town called Frisco.
It was way fun .. We went with our district and we got to explore all the
old abandoned buildings!

 One oh the highlights of the week was getting to talk to Derick!!
So Derick is the guy that was baptized last April while I was serving
in Richfield.  Ah, he is the best!   I got to talk to him briefly his
week and he is doing super good!  He teaches the gospel principles
class in his ward every week and he is preparing to go to the temple
in April!!   I'm so excited. It's such an amazing feeling to see those
that you worked with grow in the gospel. It was a huge tender mercy to
hear how he is doing. Talking to him made me think of the scripture
Alma 5:26 "And now behold, I say unto you, my brethren, if ye have
experienced a change of heart, and if ye have felt to sing the song of
redeeming love, I would ask, can ye feel so now?" What a powerful
scripture that is! I look back at the people on my mission that have
had that mighty change in their hearts and I wonder if they can "feel
so now"? That's why it's so important to keep going and "…press forward
with a steadfastness in Christ".
The gospel is so true and it changes

lives. I have the best job in the world!!!


Love y'all  
Sister Titensor





No comments:

Post a Comment